Self Funded Hearing Aids
We have those invisible, custom-fit hearing aids you’re looking for.
At the Art of Hearing, we thought it would be best to make the world’s finest hearing aids available at the same place you have your hearing tested.
Yours will be carefully selected to suit your needs, and we’ll get it custom-fitted so you feel comfortable wearing it. And because we believe everyone should be able to afford better hearing, we’ve made sure our solutions are accessible – especially if you’re not eligible for government-funded assistance.
Only European Quality Hearing Aids
Because we are an independent hearing aid provider, unlike some of our competitors, we can handpick a wide selection of high quality European and American hearing aids types which are from the most trusted and reliable brands. And while they’re competitively priced, we haven’t compromised on quality.
Our experienced audiologists will explain in very simple terms the differences between various products and solutions. They will answer all your questions in a way that will make it easy for you to make a choice.
Hearing Aids Specialists
The Art of Hearing are Independent Audiologists who specialise in the finest, smallest and invisible hearing devices. Our solutions are tailored for each client and our prices are competitive…but more importantly, our solutions are effective.
Has your audiologist recommended hearing aids?
Here’s what to expect next…
Three steps to better hearing
Our process is simple. We’ll work at your pace, allow enough time with you and provide the professional advice that would help you make an informed decision.
Step 1: Consultation and recommendations
We’ll book you in for an appointment at one of our many locations across Perth with an Audiologist who will:
- interview you about your medical and hearing history
- examine each ear to get a good understanding of your challenges
- conduct a full hearing assessment to determine the next step
- show and explain your hearing evaluation results
- make recommendations for treatment
- suggest hearing aid options to suit your lifestyle, needs, goals and budget
You’ll have the option to leave it there or to try the recommended solution.
Step 2: Ordering and fitting
Once you confirm that you wish to proceed, we’ll:
- take impressions of your ears so your hearing aids fit and work perfectly
- book a fitting appointment within a few weeks from the date we order the hearing aids
At your fitting appointment, the audiologist will:
- check the comfort and cosmetic of each hearing aid
- test to make sure they’re suitable for your level of needs
- set the volume and verify the quality of the sounds you’re hearing
- illustrate the results in real time to show how your hearing has improved
- give instructions on how to use and take care of your hearing aids
We’ll also book a second follow-up appointment to fine-tune and optimise your hearing devices.
Step 3: Fine-tuning and adjusting
This is done once you’ve had the time to test-drive and adapt to the hearing aids. This is important because they would have reintroduced sounds that your memory had forgotten, or introduce new sounds that you haven’t heard before.
At this appointment, the audiologist will:
- ask about your experience wearing the hearing aids in various listening situations
- ask whether they are helping you to meet your goals
- fine-tune the hearing aids to help improve your hearing (if required)
- provide additional education and instructions (if required)
- recommend future service to help you meet your goals
This is also your opportunity to let your audiologist know if you’re not satisfied with the hearing aids. Most clients are happy with their initial solution, but if for any reason you’re not happy with yours we’ll exchange for different hearing aids of equivalent value.
We guarantee to find something suitable or we’ll happily give you a full refund.
As part of our hearing aid fitting protocol, we offer auditory training to help you learn to listen so you get the maximum benefit from your hearing aids.
Our listening program will stimulate and re-wire your auditory system and boost your processing capacity. It will also train your brain to process and interpret new sounds so you can always identify them and the direction they’re coming from.
With our auditory training, you’ll improve your listening skills so that you can hear better in challenging situations such as a noisy restaurant, a windy day on the golf course, or you’re trying to listen to someone who is speaking too fast.